6.16.2009

A day with one-three-FIVE!

I went to spend a day with my car… well I just went to do a few things. I went to Andrew @ SouthernBM to have an oil change. 1 hour and $189 dollars later it is time to move on with my day. He did the job professionally and so fast that it is just out of the world. He does not care about the 110 degree oil! Thanks Andrew! Worth the hour of traffic to get to Moorabbin.

What I found after the oil change are 2 things:
Firstly the car feels looser. The new oil free up the engine nicely and it even makes the turbo kick @ 3000rpm stronger.
Secondly the fuel economy is way better. When I drove on the way to SouthernBM… the fuel gauge said 15.0L/100km for about 150km. I drove about another 1/4 tank today and finish with 13.9L/100km. What an improvement!

After that I went to did some 0-100kmh on freeway.

The first run I did with traction control on…
The 2nd run I had left foot on the brake and mess up the run
The 3rd run I had left foot brake and with traction control. I had to correct the steering a bit on the run
The 4th run is the easiest. DTC off. Just launch from idling and floor it. I don’t even change – the car changes itself hehe..

  

(graph: Green – speed; Yellow – Altitude)

After some run I went to clean the car and polish it. I brought some new microfiber cloth to fit the 10” orbiter. I am tight ass so I just use the Autoglym ultra deep shine after I clay bar the car for the dirt build up only after a month (A hand test on the clean surface can usually tell – no dirt build up is silky smooth).


Here are some finishing shots!

No comments: